Information We May Collect About YouWith regard to each of your visits to this site, we may automatically collect this information.
- Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique identifier (for example, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use (Device Information);
- Details of your use of any your visits to any of our site and the resources that you access (Log Information);
- Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site, (including date and time); product you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information
- Location Information. e.g. a region within the United Kingdom
- We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time through your mobile device settings (Location Information)
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact The Department for Transport.
Information we receive from other sources.We may receive information about you if you use any of the sites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors, delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. This data can be viewed by authorised people in the Department for Transport (DfT) and our suppliers, to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- provide you with information about local services if you want it.